Naples: Italy! A country we have always enjoyed! We've had some great trips to central and northern Italy and on this occasion we ventured off to the south. Naples is a great city , rich in history, breathtaking views of the ocean, Mount Vesuvius and hidden colorful alleys. Naples proximity to other cities and islands make it a great destination (Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi Coast, etc). Below are our highlights and recommendations (we spent 5 days here) and of course, we rented an airbnb! Click here to earn a $35 discount from VnSJourney using Airbnb!
1. Visit the main sites in Naples: Castel Nuovo, Piazza deal Plebiscito, Naples Cathdral, etc.
2. Eat Pizza: I mean this is something you do anywhere....any day...but hey this is where pizza originated so endulge yourself in a true Neapolitan pizza.
3. Wander and walk. This is a city you have to explore by foot. In the summer it is hot but you can cool down with a nice gelato.
4. Take a trip to Pompeii. About an hour train ride away. Full of rich history and a must when visiting Naples.
5. Visit Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast.
6. Have drink at the Grand Hotel Parkers to enjoy some amazing views and take home some great pictures.
7. If you have time visit Capri. It's about an hour ferry (high speed) ride away and costs about 20 euros each way per person.
8. We took a taxi to and from the airport. Make sure to agree on a flat rate with the driver ahead of time!